Coronation Challenge Cup - Annual Gardening Competition
The Copmanthorpe Coronation Challenge Cup
- The history of the gardening competition dates back to 1937 in the reign of King George VI.
- A gardening competition was held for the following 32 years for the Coronation Challenge Cup
- According to records the Cup vanished for 34 years after that but was found in 2001 and the competition was reintroduced to the village
- The number of entries received, from both adults and children, has grown steadily over the years and is a source of healthy competition between the village’s many keen gardeners
- Winners are announced, and the Cup presented, during the Copmanthorpe Horticultural Show in the Methodist Church Hall
- To download an entry form for the 2017 competition please click here: coronation-cup-entry-form-2017.pdf