Copmanthorpe Library, Main Street
Copmanthorpe library is home to more than 8,000 books, both fiction and non-fiction, for adults and children. There is also a selection of audio books, children’s story tapes and children’s videos, and a small reference collection. Library staff are always available to offer assistance.
There is free access to the internet, computer based learning opportunities and a range of software, and regular events for adults and children including a reading group which meets monthly.
The library also offers a ‘magazine swap box’ for residents to bring in magazines they have read (recent ones) and swap them for different ones free of charge.
- Mondays: 9:00am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 5:30pm
- Plus - Craft Group at 10:00am
- Tuesdays: 2:00pm to 6:30pm
- Wednesdays: closed
- Thursdays: 9:00am to 1:00pm
- Plus - Under 5’s Story Time at 10:30am
- Fridays: 2:00pm to 5:30pm
- Saturdays: 9:00am to 1:00pm
Reading Groups meet on a Thursday morning at 10:00am and Tuesday evening at 5:30 once a month
Computer Sessions - One to one sessions with Library volunteers
Craft Group - group activities or take your own work to share with others. Coffee and cake provided.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01904 552672
Twitter - follow the latest news from Copmanthorpe Library on @coplibrary or on Facebook at ‘Copmanthorpe Library’
Copmanthorpe Post Office
- In addition to all the usual Post Office services Simon Hardisty offers:
- greetings cards
- computer consumables
- a range of DIY essentials
- Other services include:
- personal banking
- foreign currency
- car tax renewal
- pensions collection
- Residents are encouraged to make use of the village Post Office whenever possible in order to ensure its continued presence for the convenience of all those who have no other options
Copmanthorpe Village Newsletter
- Published monthly and delivered by volunteers to every house in the village the Newsletter contains huge amounts of useful information and is supported by trade advertisements from local service providers
- News of village events is always welcome. The editors may be contacted by email at email@example.com
- For advertising please contact Paula Hall on 07855 062374 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For distribution matters please contact George Wood on 01904 702602 or by email at email@example.com
- The deadline for each issue is the 10th of the month preceding publication (5th of the month preeceding for advertising) though the editors greatly appreciate receiving articles before the deadline if at all possible
- Copmanthorpe MOTs - vehicle servicing and testing on Main Street
- Contact: 700755
- Website: http://www.copmots.co.uk/
- Copmanthorpe Motors - used cars on Main Street
- Contact: 703467
- Website: http://www.copycars.co.uk/
- The Royal Oak, situated right in the centre of the village, serves a wide variety of beers, wines and spirits and serves food at lunch time and evenings (check with the Royal Oak direct for times).