Village Health & Welfare Services
The village is served by two medical facilities:
The Old School Medical Centre, as its name suggests, is located on the site of the old school house opposite the shops (which include a dispensing chemist). Doctors and practice nurses operate daily surgeries and conduct house calls as necessary.
- Dr John Iredale, Dr Walter Hrycaiczuk, Dr Andrea Nightingale, Dr Paul Gurnell, Dr Robert Guion and Dr Karen Graindorge
- Sister Pam Arksey and Nurse Llinos Connolly
- Family Planning, Well Woman clinic, Ante Natal clinic, Well Man clinic
- Other Services:
- Minor surgery, Antenatal Care, Travel & Vaccinations, Asthma and COPD, Smoking Cessation, Cervical & Breast Screening
- Corner of School Lane and Horseman Lane
- Website: http://www.oldschoolmedical.gpsurgery.net/
- Contact: 706 455 (out of hours: 0845 056 80 60)
- The practice also operates in Bishopthorpe, contact 01904 706 917
Copmanthorpe Surgery, located in the shopping centre.
- Dr Kathryn Green, Dr James Green, Dr Gordon Orr and Dr Jacqueline Rawcliffe
- Reception open hours:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday - 8:30am to 12:00noon
- Monday and Thursday - 3:30pm to 6:00pm
- Mondays - 9:00am to 10:30am, drop in; 3:00pm to 5:00pm, Doctors’ appointments
- Tuesdays - 9:00am to 11:30am, Doctors’ appointments; 9:00am to 11:30am, nurse appointments;
- Wednesdays - 9:00am to 10:30am, drop in; 8:30am to 11:30am, nurse appointments
- Thursdays - 9:00am to 11:00am, Doctors’ appointments; 3:30pm to 5:30pm, Doctors’ appointments
- Fridays - 9:00am to 10:30am, drop in; 9:00am to 11:30am, nurse appointments
- Unit 5, Copmanthorpe Shopping Centre
- Contact: 703314 (out of hours call the Acomb surgery on 794 141)
- The dental surgery at 6 St Giles Way houses three dentists and a dental hygienist and is part of the Dr Kris Leeson group of surgeries (also in Woodthorpe and Bishopthorpe)
- The telephone number is 01904 706291
Run entirely by volunteers to provide transport for elderly and infirm residents to attend hospital and other appointments, as well as for local trips within Copmanthorpe.
Whatever your personal circumstances, if you have a clean driving licence and a little spare time, Copmanthorpe Communicare would love to hear from you. There is no regular commitment – all they ask is that you do what you can, when you can. There is no obligation to help out every time you are asked, and the larger the pool of drivers the less there will be for each to do.
WITHOUT MORE DRIVERS COMMUNICARE WILL CEASE TO EXIST.
After so many years of providing a much valued service to our community this would be an enormous shame.
Please do not allow this to happen. If you think you can help, please phone the Secretary, Diane Greenwell, on 778087
- The minimum donation for the service is £2.50 within the village, £7.50 for journeys to York hospital and £5.50 for other journeys.
- The Minster Veterinary Practice has a surgery in Back Lane, close to the Youth Club just off School Lane.
- Open Monday to Friday and Saturday morning
- To make an appointment call: 0771 504 4433
- Website: http://www.minstervets.co.uk/