Recreation Centre and Sports Hall
Copmanthorpe Recreation Centre (”the Rec”) provides most of the sporting and many of the social facilities in the village. It is a registered charity run for the benefit of the whole village.
- Football - Copmanthorpe FC
- Copmanthorpe Football Club was founded in 1962 with one Senior team playing in the local league, it has now approx 300 members spread over 3 senior and 12 junior teams and is also a Soccability Coaching Centre (Pan Disability) for boys and girls across the region wanting to participate in football.
- New players are wanted for the under 15s team - contact Brian Ferguson on 709455
- Other queries contact Martin Brooks on 07711 564 377 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The club website is: http://www.copmanthorpefc.co.uk/
- With senior and junior (under 11 and under 15) teams the cricket club ia going from strength to strength
- Nets are on Tuesday evenings from 7:00 to 8:00pm from 24th April at the Mount Sports Hall Gym
- The season begins on Saturday 25th April at the Recreation Centre
- New players, scorers, umpires, volunteers for groundwork and fundraising are always welcome
- Contact Darren Hughes on 07709 947 1472 or Roy Atkinson on 706854
The club website is: http://copmanthorpe.play-cricket.com/home/home.asp
- There are three outdoor floodlit hard courts at the Recreation Centre
- Annual membership begins on 1st April (new members may join at any time). Keys to the courts are purchased on first membership and are swapped every year on renewal
- The club has two mens teams, three ladies teams and three mixed teams
- Social tennis takes place year round using the floodlights during spring and autumn
- Social Club Nights take place on Thursdays and Sundays from 6:00pm with all members welcome to socialise and play seven games before swapping partners
- Juniors aged from 10 to 17 years are welcome and some coaching can be provided by professional coaches
- 2013 subscriptions are:
- Adult £70 plus £5 if purchasing a court key
- Couples £100
- Family (2 adults and up to 2 children) £120
- Parent & child £80
- Students and Juniors £20
- Members may bring guests (up to a maximum of three times) for £2 per guest per hour
- For application forms and enquiries please contact Jenny Davis, 17 Barnfield Way, Copmanthorpe, 01904 709980 or email: email@example.com or Graeme Butcher (Club Chairman) on 07711 903184 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copmanthorpe Bowling Club operates from mid April to mid September between 1:00pm and dusk.
- New members and beginners are all welcome
- No special equipment is required, bowls and overshoes are available free of charge. A specially adapted wheelchair is also available
- For more information contact:
Ken Storr, 3 Ryegate Grove, Copmanthorpe, York YO23 3YN
tel: 01904 702697
- Membership of the Bowling Club includes the use of the Recreation Centre bar facilities when playing in league or cup matches
The Bowling Club web site can be found at: http://www.copmanthorpebowlingclub.co.uk
- Five a side football
Socially the Recreation Centre includes the Sports and Community Club with licensed bar (with guest ales), a large screen television for major sporting events, darts board and pool table.
Quizes take place every Thursday evening and the club is available for private parties.
There is also a childrens play area with a variety of equipment on a safety surface and special equipment for older children including climbing wall, zip wire and monkey poles.
The Recreation Centre is a registered charity, it belongs to the village, is run by a committee and is available to all residents. The Sports and Community Club is run separately and commercially.