The village is served by two medical facilities:
The Old School Medical Centre, as its name suggests, is located on the site of the old school house opposite the shops (which include a dispensing chemist). Doctors and practice nurses operate daily surgeries and conduct house calls as necessary.
- Opening Hours:
- Monday to Friday 08:00 – 18:00
- Saturday and Sunday closed
- Dr Paul Gurnell, Dr Robert Guion, Dr Alex Beach, Dr Uwa Sanusi, Dr Rumina Onac, Dr Elizabeth Watts and Dr Nicola Ioanna
- Nurse Jayne Keeney and Judith Oxberry
- Health Care Assistant:
- Lorraine Flyn
- Clinics and other services:
- General Health, Family Planning, Hypertension, Sexual Health, Minor surgery, Ante Natal clinic, Cervical Screening, Mother & Baby, Vaccinations
- Corner of School Lane and Horseman Lane
- Website: https://www.osmp.co.uk
- Contact: 706 455 (out of hours: 0845 056 80 60)
- Practice Manager:
- Andrea Gibbon
- The practice also operates in Bishopthorpe, contact 01904 706 917
- Opening Hours:
Copmanthorpe Surgery, located in the shopping centre.
- Dr James Green, Dr Gordon Orr and Dr Jacqueline Rawcliffe
- Reception open hours:
- Monday – 8:30 to 12:00noon and 3:00pm to 6:00pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday – 8:30am to 12:00noon
- Mondays – 09:00 – 11:00 and 15:00 – 18:00
- Tuesdays – 09:00 – 11:30
- Wednesdays and Thursdays – 09:00 – 11:00
- Fridays – 09:00 – 11:30
- Saturdays and Sundays – Closed
- Asthma Clinic, Learning Disability Health Check, Minor Surgery
- Unit 5, Copmanthorpe Shopping Centre
- Contact: 703 314 (between 18:00 and 18:30, Monday to Friday, call 0330 123 0938)
- Copmanthorpe Pharmacy Ltd, Unit 8, Copmanthorpe Shopping Centre. Contact: 701315
- Open Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 6:00pm
- Closed for lunch between 12:45pm and 1:45pm
- Saturdays and Sundays – closed
- The dental surgery at 6 St Giles Way houses three dentists and a dental hygienist and is part of the Dr Kris Leeson group of surgeries (also in Woodthorpe and Bishopthorpe)
- The telephone number is 01904 706291
- Run entirely by volunteers to provide transport for elderly and infirm residents to attend hospital and other appointments, as well as for local trips within Copmanthorpe.
- Whatever your personal circumstances, if you have a clean driving licence and a little spare time, Copmanthorpe Communicare would love to hear from you. There is no regular commitment – all they ask is that you do what you can, when you can. There is no obligation to help out every time you are asked, and the larger the pool of drivers the less there will be for each to do.
- WITHOUT MORE DRIVERS COMMUNICARE WILL CEASE TO EXIST.
- After so many years of providing a much valued service to our community this would be an enormous shame.
- Please do not allow this to happen. If you think you can help, please phone the Secretary, Diane Greenwell, on 778087
- The minimum donation for the service is £2.50 within the village, £7.50 for journeys to York hospital and £5.50 for other journeys. Veterinary Service
- The Minster Veterinary Practice has a surgery in Back Lane, close to the Youth Club just off School Lane.
- Open Monday to Friday and Saturday morning
- To make an appointment call: 0771 504 4433
- Website: http://www.minstervets.co.uk/