Welcome to Copmanthorpe Parish Council’s official website.
Our website provides information about the Parish Council, who we are, what we do and the meetings we’ve had. It also provides lots of useful information about Copmanthorpe generally – see the links in the menu.
See recent activity below…
Remembrance Day, Sunday 11th November 2018
- The Remembrance Day Parade and Service was attended by over 500 people on Memorial Green. The Parade by the village’s Scout and Guide groups along Main Street passed the hundreds of poppy displays that had been knitted by villagers over the preceding months.
- The service included a two minutes silence, the ringing of the Church bells, the Last Post played by a lone trumpeter and the laying of wreaths on the village War Memorial.
- In the evening more than 200 people attended a special Ceremony to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the signing of the WW1 Armistice. This included the reading of poems, songs from the choir, the reading of the names of those from the village who died during WW1, a minutes silence and culminated with the lighting of the village beacon at 7:00pm.
- The Parish Council would like to thank all those groups and individuals who gave their time and skills to make the Remembrance Day events so memorable.
Speeding in Copmanthorpe
- The Parish Council has received approval from North Yorkshire Police to set up a Community Speed Watch scheme in the village.
- In order to operate this scheme the Council is asking for volunteers who will be able to spare an occasional hour or so to help the teams conduct the monitoring.
- North Yorkshire Police will conduct full training and provide the required equipment
- If you are concerned about speeding in the village and want to do something positive about it please email email@example.com
- Following the removal of the Vehicle Activated Speed Signs on Manor Heath and Temple Lane by Highway Officials at City of York Council residents are urged to make use of the Police Speed Concern Report Form to alert police of speeding issues in Copmanthorpe
- Unfortunately it is not possible to complete this form on-line so please print it out , complete the details and post it to the address on the form
- This is the only way that we will alert the appropriate authorities to the continuing problem of speeding in Copmanthorpe
- Thank you for your help