This website provides information about Copmanthorpe village, the Parish Council and lots of useful information about Copmanthorpe generally – please see the links in the menu.
Footpath Improvements on Church St and Main St
- Work is due to start Monday 6th June on Church St and Main St to improve pedestrian links and accessibility along the frontage of the Royal Oak and on Church Street. The proposed work comprises:
- Removal of the existing footway surfacing within the frontage area of the Royal Oak and Little Acorns café before resurfacing, including filling of any depressions/pot holes and adjustment of ironwork.
- Installation of preformed bolt down splitter islands and timber bollards to form segregation between road and footway, offering improved protection to pedestrians.
- Provision of dropped kerb pedestrian crossings on Church Street with tactile paving.
- Installation of hazard warning tactile paving on Church Street at the shop car park exit.
- The work is expected to take 2 weeks to complete (completion by 19th June) and the contractor will be responsible for maintaining access throughout the construction period.
- The working hours will be 07:30-16:00 Monday to Friday, with work also scheduled for Sunday 12th June in front of the Little Acorns café entrance to minimise disruption.
- In order to carry out the works safely and to manage traffic, the work will be undertaken under three-way temporary traffic light control.
- Works to the footway area fronting the Royal Oak and Little Acorns café will be undertaken during week 1, with week 2 being for work on Church Street.
- For the full Information Bulletin please click here
- For the plan drawing please click here
Keeping our Village Safe for All
Next Parish Council Meetings:
- The next Parish Council Meetings will take place on Tuesday 14th June and Tuesday 12th July from 7:30pm in Howell Hall