Recreation Centre and Sports Hall
Copmanthorpe Recreation Centre (“the Rec”) provides most of the sporting and many of the social facilities in the village. It is a registered charity run for the benefit of the whole village.
- Football – Copmanthorpe FC
- Copmanthorpe Football Club was founded in 1962 with one Senior team playing in the local league, it has now approx 300 members spread over 3 senior and 12 junior teams and is also a Soccability Coaching Centre (Pan Disability) for boys and girls across the region wanting to participate in football.
- New players are wanted for the under 15s team – contact Brian Ferguson on 709455
- Other queries contact Martin Brooks on 07711 564 377 or email at email@example.com
- The club website is: http://www.copmanthorpefc.co.uk/
- With senior and junior (under 11 and under 15) teams the cricket club ia going from strength to strength
- Nets are on Tuesday evenings from 7:00 to 8:00pm from April at the Mount Sports Hall Gym
- The season begins on Saturday 25th April at the Recreation Centre
- New players, scorers, umpires, volunteers for groundwork and fundraising are always welcome
- Contact Darren Hughes on 07709 947 1472 or Roy Atkinson on 706854
- The club website is: http://copmanthorpe.play-cricket.com/home/home.asp
- Peter Northfield, one of the Cricket Club’s main grounds experts, has started to write a blog on events in the life of a cricket groundsman. His blog is very informative and Rec Centre users will gain an insight into all the work that goes in to maintaining the pitch. The blog is at: http://copmanthorpegroundsman.blogspot.co.uk/
- There are three outdoor floodlit hard courts at the Recreation Centre
- Annual membership begins on 1st April (new members may join at any time). Keys to the courts are purchased on first membership and are swapped every year on renewal
- The club has two mens teams, three ladies teams and three mixed teams
- Social tennis takes place year round using the floodlights during spring and autumn
- Social Club Nights take place on Thursdays and Sundays from 6:00pm with all members welcome to socialise and play seven games before swapping partners
- Juniors aged from 10 to 17 years are welcome and some coaching can be provided by professional coaches
- 2013 subscriptions are:
- Adult £70 plus £5 if purchasing a court key
- Couples £100
- Family (2 adults and up to 2 children) £120
- Parent & child £80
- Students and Juniors £20
- Members may bring guests (up to a maximum of three times) for £2 per guest per hour
- For application forms and enquiries please contact Jenny Davis, 17 Barnfield Way, Copmanthorpe, 01904 709980 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Graeme Butcher (Club Chairman) on 07711 903184 or email: email@example.com
- Football – Copmanthorpe FC
- Copmanthorpe Bowling Club operates from mid April to mid September between 1:00pm and dusk.
- New members and beginners are all welcome
- No special equipment is required, bowls and overshoes are available free of charge. A specially adapted wheelchair is also available
- For more information contact:
Sue Davies, tel: 07749 970755, SueDavies@copmanthorpebowlingclub.org.uk
- Membership of the Bowling Club includes the use of the Recreation Centre bar facilities when playing in league or cup matches
- The Bowling Club web site can be found at: http://www.copmanthorpebowlingclub.org.uk/
- Five a side football
Socially, the Recreation Centre includes the Sports and Community Club which has recently undergone a major refurbishment, inside and out, with licensed bars, multiple large screen televisions and TV projector for major sporting events, pool table and a darts board. Outside is a new decking area overlooking the cricket and football pitches complete with outdoor tables and chairs.
Quizes take place every Thursday evening and the club is available for hire for private parties.
There is also a childrens play area with a variety of inclusive equipment on a safety surface and special equipment for older children including climbing wall, zip wire and monkey poles.
The Recreation Centre is a registered charity, it belongs to the village, is run by a committee and is available to all residents. The Sports and Community Club is run separately and commercially.